Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shattered Silence and Urban Myth

The entry is finally up on the Opal Carew page!
http://www.opalcarew.com/writing_contest_entry_Shattered_Silence.html

Yes, there are spelling mistakes. I even saw one. Chrissie saw a couple... Oh well.

I'm 6K into Urban Myth and pantsing it. I tried to do an outline, I really did. But first I dead-ended and then I got an idea.

Usually if I dead end -- meaning the scene is going nowhere -- I delete and choose another angle. This time I really tried to make it work. For 2K i tried to make it work. Then I said F-it, erased it, and did something different. The scene flowed like water.

I wanted to be at 10K by today, but 6K ain't bad. Now I need to stop procrastinating and get back into it.


Oh, did I mention what this thing was about ? Vampyres.